Thursday, April 28, 2011

Carriages & Crown Jewels

Are you as excited about tomorrow's Royal Wedding as I am?!  I can remember waking up very early to watch Lady Diana get married to Prince Charles like it was yesterday.  I can remember every detail, the color of her peach going away outfit, the kiss on the balcony...*sigh*.  I know, it ended up a dreadful mess, but still it's fun to see Diana's son, William, marry someone he actually loves.  No "whatever love means" for him.  Kate seems to be a lovely girl, or as my friend Jennifer put it, "a real and accessible beauty."

I have two friends coming over at 4:30 a.m. to watch all of the pomp and circumstance with me and to make another lifelong Royal memory.  I have the scones, silver tea service, sterling flatware, and my Earl Grey and Boston Harbor teas ready to go on a lace tablecloth.  I even have champagne!  It's not too early to drink at 4:30 in the morning, is it?

This is like Ultimate Wedding.  On steroids.  Can you imagine planning your wedding and having everything at your disposal?  The tradition, carriages, old architecture, Heads of State, celebrity, and ceremony are certainly fascinating.  But what I'm going to be looking for are the gowns and the CROWN JEWELS.  No rhinestones there, I suppose.  I wonder if Kate got to go to the Tower of London and pick out which crown and pair of earrings she'll wear?  Hmmmm...Eeny, meeny, miny, moe...

Cheerio!

Sara

No comments: