Monday, May 16, 2011

Yay!  Seriously.  Yay!  If you know me, you know I love music. Family, jewelry & other accessories, and music are some of my top passions. If you drop in on my life, I invariably have music on;  in the bathroom, in the car, in the kitchen, and always when I'm in my studio making jewelry.

One of my all-time favorites is Kate Bush;  2005's "Aerial" is truly a must for any music library.  So don't think I wasn't excited when I learned she is coming out with "Director's Cut," a compilation album of rerecorded songs from "The Sensual World" and "The Red Shoes."  It's available in Europe and UK now, but we in the US have to wait until the 23rd.  If you're willing to wait an extra week, here's the Amazon link.  For those of you who can't wait, however, iTunes is making it available tomorrow.

I am going to wait a week and preorder the hard copy on Amazon along with "Hounds of Love," which is being re released tomorrow.  I much prefer hard copies as I don't trust storing things only on a computer.  A year ago my older computer was dying a foreseeable death, so I copied all the info. (including thousands of music mp3's) onto an external hard drive....which died....two days later.  I am still trying to recover items I didn't have hard copies for.  Thank God for miracles, at least the pictures transferred.

Thought I'd share this bit of wonderfulness, and to tide you over, here's a link to a recent and rare BBC interview Kate gave about what we should expect from her in the future.

Happy Listening!

Sara

No comments: