Friday, November 2, 2012

Lockets

The Holiday Season will be here before you know it and I'd like to start giving you some In Small Spectacles ideas for gifts.  Currently I'm working on embellishing large solid brass, copper-lined vintage lockets with antique rhinestone brooches and earrings and solid brass filigree stampings.




 


I prefer to use only rhinestones that are prong-set in any In Small Spectacles piece for the added security needed in any vintage element. If you haven't noticed, most mass-produced pieces of jewelry made today have rhinestones that are simply glued in. Not here!


Each of the lockets suspend from necklaces I hand wire wrapped using solid brass wire and solid brass vintage beads, hand-aged rhinestones, czech glass, freshwater pearls, and rhinestone and metal filigrees.


 
Keep checking back as I update you on more pieces I have made and listed on Etsy.
 
Sara