Monday, November 12, 2012

Handmade Holidays

As Christmas and the Giving Season approaches, I'd like to encourage you to buy handmade.  Nothing says "special" like handmade.   To give something pieced together in America and not mass-produced by machines or in large numbers means you feel the recipient is worthy of something extra special.  Buying handmade also supports artists whose work is usually on a much smaller scale but is no less important.  I'd like to think the work is more thoughtful and heirloom-worthy.

All of my pieces are handmade by me.  I wire wrap each vintage bead and gemstone with solid brass wire, etch, age, and polish each cuff, and take great thought into the layout of every single design and piece I offer.  I use only top quality findings and the most interesting vintage elements that incorporate edge, faith, nature, sparkle, and natural patina.

Over the past couple of days I listed over 30 new pieces on Etsy so you can begin planning what you'd like to give your wife, mother, sister, friend, teacher....and yourself


 















 
Have fun shopping!
 
Sara