I need to practice my guitar so I'll be ready when it's my turn to be a rock star.
Just so you know, U2's 3 "claw" stages are going up for sale. You'd have to provide your own lighting, sound, roof, and space to accommodate the 29,000 sq. ft. structure, but it's nice to know it's available, isn't it?
Here's a short list of why I like Chicago:
- The Nordstroms has the best accessories department.
- Lake Michigan is big enough to help you forget you're in the Midwest and essentially landlocked. I grew up at the beach and this is important to note.
- All the good stuff is within walking distance of each other. I'm all about the walking.
- Hands down Devon's Seafood has the best tuna tartare. I could eat it every day.
- The city's container plants are really quite beautiful.
- The Affinia Hotel is a little gem off the beaten path and right next door to Gino's Pizza, which always has a huge line for their Chicago-style pizza.
- Chicago has two, that's right, TWO Anthropologie stores within 2 miles of each other. And they have the friendliest staff. Heaven.
- Did I mention U2 plays there every tour? Reason enough to love this town.
Vintage Singer sewing machines
AND there is free shipping! Can you hear my husband saying "oh dear" in the background? Nah, I didn't either.
Happy belated July 4th!