Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Stuff

It's been a busy, albeit wet and rainy, couple first weeks of Summer break.  I trick myself into hoping that the schedule will be slower because the kids are out of school, but in reality it means working double time getting my regular things done in addition to figuring out what to do with boys that possess unlimited amounts of energy and who are stuck indoors when it rains.  Who knew you couldn't swim indoors at the Y when it rained with thunder and lightening because I sure didn't?  We've used up a lot of glue and Popsicle sticks and read tons of books-and I'm not too hip on the video games- so I'm running out of ideas.  Apparently making jewelry doesn't count because, as I have been informed by certain members of my household weighing less than 50 lbs., that is soooo not a boy thing to do.  Whatever.

I like to think I'm a glass-is-half-full kind of girl, so I say a "yippee" when it's raining because that's when I get the best photos for the jewelry.  God's best is always best, and that would include his lighting.  I finally snapped pictures of my Salvaged Chandelier Crystal necklaces that I really enjoyed making and wearing.  Each one features a vintage lead crystal chandelier, a strand of aged brass Swarovski crystal rhinestone chain, a vintage religious medal, and a pearl.  I added all the goodies in such a way that they twist and turn to catch the light with each movement.  And boy does the rhinestone catch the light!  I've listed them in the Etsy shop HERE, so they're ready to go.  Each is one of a kind which I absolutely love;  it's nice knowing no one will come stand next to you wearing the same piece.

Here's a sample:












File under "Edgy and Eclectic" and "Looks Good With Lace." 

Sara

No comments: