Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Vintage Crystals

I started out making jewelry using old chandelier crystals my twin sister and I would play with as children.  I wrote about it in a blog post a while ago and you can find that here.  I still continue to use them in my jewelry inventory and I love to decorate with them throughout my home.  They catch the light in unexpected ways and a shot of sparkle never hurt anyone, did it?  My front door has a floral arrangement with some vintage crystals in it and I like to think that when the sun hits them, a visitor at my door is given an extra special greeting.

Here are some new pieces I've made with some antique crystals I recently brought home with me: 

 







 
Each crystal is hand wrapped with solid brass wire that I've aged and polished and hung from vintage solid brass beads.  The necklaces have more vintage beads and aged rhinestone filigrees.  I love the Old World feeling of the glass and their eclectic vibe.  Still edgy but classic.   
 
They are currently ready to purchase in the Etsy Shop
 
Hope you're having a great Summer so far!
 
Sara

No comments: