As the daughter of a career Naval Captain, granddaughter of a WWII veteran, daughter-in-law of a WWII veteran, and the wife of an Air Force Reserve Colonel, I know the importance of our military and the sacrifices service men's families make, especially when they are deployed overseas.
Most often the families left behind consist of mothers with young children, no family nearby, no hired help, no time off for good behavior, no Girls' Night Out, not a lot of spending money, and no break. Imagine working a strenuous job (because we all know Motherhood is THE MOST STRESSFUL JOB EVER) 24/7 without any backup readily available and worrying about their spouse's safety. And do they complain? No. My mother would wave as my father sailed off on a big ship for up to a year, turn around, march off with her 3 kids, and go buy a new dress. I never once heard her complain that she was left to deal with everything on her own....even when the hot water heater exploded in the Utility Room.
I thought of a small way I could honor some of these women, but I need your help. I'd like to give 10 women a token of our appreciation and support. All you have to do is submit the name of a friend, daughter, daughter-in-law, sister, neighbor, or niece and she will be entered in this limited Military Spouse Giveaway. At the end of July 2014 I will randomly select 10 names and will send each of these women one of these necklaces to express our gratitude to her and all that she does in support of the military.
Each etched brass tag is 1.5" and paired with aged rhinestones and a large vintage brass bead. They secure with a solid brass shepherd's hook onto the front roped ring and measure 20" in length. I will pick the necklace randomly, so some may have a cross or angel wing or crown and each etched design will differ. I cannot guarantee a particular combination or design.
Here are the only requirements:
1. Your nominee must live in the United States but have a spouse CURRENTLY DEPLOYED OVERSEAS. While I appreciate each person who has had a family member on a deployment, I'd like to encourage those women currently in the "thick of things."
2. The nominee must have small children. These are the women who need the most encouragement, right?
3. I need the full name and address of the person you'd like to thank. I'd also like your name and address.
4. I will include a personal note from you, so please let me know what you'd like the note to read. If you'd rather it just be anonymous, I can include a note of encouragement without your name.
5. Please DO NOT leave any personal information on In Small Spectacles' Facebook page or in the comment section here. For the safety of their family, I'd like this to be done blindly.
All nominee information can be e-mailed to me at InSmallSpectacles@gmail.com or private messaged to me on the In Small Spectacles Facebook Page. If you haven't liked the Facebook Page, go for it! It's where I update more regularly.
My hope and prayer is that the recipient will feel loved, encouraged, and supported during what may be the most difficult time of her life. That she will know people see what a great job she is doing and are proud of her.
PLEASE share this with your friends, too. If this is successful, I'd like to do this at Christmastime and on a larger scale, so thanks in advance for being a part of this!