Monday, August 29, 2011

Rubberband Girl....Not So Much

"See those trees bend in the wind
I feel they've got a lot more sense than me
You see I try to resist
A rubberband bouncing back to life
A rubberband bend the beat
If I could learn to give like a rubberband
I'd be back on my feet"
 ~Kate Bush

Ugh.  My camera broke.  My beloved Nikon Coolpix S550 point-and-shoot that took the best jewelry pictures and captured the important moments in my favorite little people's lives.  I could zoom that thing onto my boys and know I would still get a great picture, even in mid-movement.  I knew exactly what to set the exposure to on sunny days and rainy days and when I took pictures in the back of the house in the morning where the sun doesn't shine or in the front of the house in the morning when the day is overcast.  I knew the colors would be authentic to the original subject.  That baby was predictable.  I loved that camera the way my husband loves his iphone, sleeps with it on his nightstand and secretly spoons it. 

Now it's broken beyond repair, so I had to buy another.  I don't do well with change unless it's initiated by me, so I am always hesitant when I'm forced to go with an unexpected alternative.  I ended up with another Nikon Coolpix, a S3100 this time, and the jury's still out. 

Here's some samples of the pictures from the new camera.  Also note that the bracelets feature vintage metal tassels, metal rhinestones, and solid brass beads.  LOVE THESE.  Tassels are super huge this Fall and they are EVERYWHERE:  purses, shoes, clothes, and now bracelets.  They are so comfortable and the tassels add interesting movement but are small enough (1 1/2") that they don't get in the way.














And here are a pair of new earrings just listed:




Let me know what you think!

Sara

No comments: