Friday, October 19, 2012

Etched Cuffs

I've been joyfully busy making more etched cuffs embellished with some of the best and most unusual vintage rhinestone I have come across. My In Small Spectacles friends love them so much as they are so easy to wear and make a lovely statement.   

 
While by far the most labor-intensive, my etched brass cuffs continue to be my favorite piece of jewelry to make. Each batch of brass that I etch comes out differently, and it's like magic when I sand and polish the darkened brass and the golden etching shows through.
 

 
The patina in this old sacred medal is awesome.
 
 
 
Old Mourning Jewelry made cheery with brass Austrian crystal rhinestone.

 
 
I prefer to pair aged metal with the bling of vintage rhinestone to create an unusual contrast not seen very often. I love that someone who brings In Small Spectacles home for themselves or as a gift takes with them a one-of-a-kind handmade piece of wearable art.

 
Enjoy your weekend!
 
Sara