Monday, September 16, 2013

Earrings, Earrings, and Earrings...Oh My!

I LOVE to make earrings.  There are so many possibilities with these small pieces of jewelry.  Most women wear earrings, so it's a pretty safe bet to give them as a gift.  I made these earrings a little while back and am just now getting the opportunity to list them in the Etsy Shop.  I found these fabulous solid brass sacred medal reproductions cast from vintage originals in a size perfect for earrings.  I wanted to keep each pair edgy, so I purposely mismatched them.  I love pairing the warmth of brass with some of my favorite semi precious stones traditionally reserved for cool, silver tones:  turquoise, pyrite, hematite, and emerald green jade. 

Vintage W. German Crystals
 



Emerald Green Jade
 

 
 Hematite and Pyrite
 

 
Smoky Quartz and Pyrite


 
Vintage Bohemian Crystals



Opal Jasper
 













 
I have already received several inquiries about my Christmas inventory.  As the Holiday season approaches, I will be listing more and more pieces every day.  In addition, I have some really outstanding local art shows in my schedule, So be sure to check the blog right side line for my updated show dates. The next one is Art Off Pike September 29th in the historic Mainstrasse neighborhood of Covington, KY.  I look forward to helping you check off your Christmas Gift List!
 
Enjoy your week,
 
Sara
 

No comments: